I am a Wisconsin based artist who works in black and white and shades of grey. My medium of choice is pen, watercolor, and linocut printmaking.
I believe I can refer to myself as “self-taught” as I do not have a degree in art. I have acquired my skills from books, YouTube videos, inexpensive online classes, and a few expensive college classes.
Themes and goals of my work
First, my art represents my struggle with the fear of death and represents my progression toward an acceptance of death. My work can be seen as a modern memento mori in which reminders of death encourage us to value what little time we have left. These pieces also serve as a reminder that death is a part of our lives, and that when we die we return to the earth and give life. My art also speaks about my struggle with an autoimmune disease which consumes my bones and about my fear of becoming disabled. In my work I try to create a surrealistic environment that provides escape and empowerment in my battle with chronic pain. I find solace in the natural world when I feel trapped in a body that is destroying itself.
Other places to find my work
- Art-o-mat vending machines
- RPG zine The Hidden Necropolis
- The RPG campaign journal Thulaen Lands
Do you do commissions?
Right now I am unable to take commissions but if you see artwork posted on my social media that is not in the shop, please contact me and I will see what I can do.
Can I use your artwork for my next tattoo?
I would be honored to have my artwork on your skin. All I ask is:
1. Please buy something from me. This will give both me and your tattoo artist fair financial compensation for the work.
2. I would love to see the end result! If you post a photo of your tattoo on social media, please tag me and give me credit for the design.